Quick note – this is intended to be amusing even if it is true…. and it's Friday.
1. Frequent AFKs for bio breaks. Sometimes 30 minutes apart, sometimes 45…sometimes an hour.. sometimes 15 minutes.
2. AFKs for food. Frequent snacks are a must. Sometimes leaving the house is required to get what I'm seeking.
3. AFKs for water. I drink lots of water now. No more nectar of the gods (aka Mountain Dew), except on a rare occassion.
4. AFKs to stretch. Things ache and staying in one position too long is unbearable now. Good-bye 8 hour gaming marathons.
5. Frequently getting lost. What was I doing? Where am I? What game is this? Pregnancy brain results in confusion and being easily distracted.
6. Forgetting I'm logged in while alt-tabbed to baby sites. (What is with the compulsion to read about everything that might go wrong?!
7. The desire to farm heirloom items for baby IRL. Well, at least the desire to acquire mats and to craft items for baby. (Unfortunately, my crocheting skill level is veryvery low. Baby might just get a washcloth instead of a blanket.)
8. The inability to stay awake past 10:30pm on any given night, especially Friday night.
9. Thinking of first words to teach baby, such as “zugzug.”
10. Logging into WoW to give my parents updates on how the pregnancy is going. Typing is less tiring than talking on the phone…. and easier to escape to the bathroom!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get family gaming tips, reviews and our latest content by email.