I've hinted for awhile now at a contest being revealed today as part of the celebration of us being around for a year. I wanted to put something together that not only celebrated us, but also love to the blogosphere. For, without you, we wouldn't have made it this far.
Many of the bloggers that are listed on our blogroll are not only readers of Sideshow and Syrana, but have helped spread the word about us. We truly appreciate that!
We also appreciate each and every reader we have, and wanted to have some sort of giveaway as a “thank you” for reading.
Combining all those things in a cauldron led to the creation of the blog scavenger hunt!
All the answers can be found either within our blog or somewhere on a blog that is listed in our current blogroll. (Hmm, descriptions might come in handy for this…)
Some will be easy peasy, some damn near impossible, and a whole slew of moderate difficulty. I want this to be fun, with the right dose of challenge…
This is going to take some work. But let these shiny prizes motivate you!
First Place: 60 day gamecard for World of Warcraft
Second Place: $25 gift certificate for J!nx
Third Place: Your choice of a mini-pet from the Blizzard Store*
Fourth Place: Blizzard Authenticator (Remember, you get a core hound pup if you have one of these babies to secure your account now!)
How to Enter – You Must Play to Win!
The contest will run from 12/21/09 until 1/4/10.
We're letting it run for 2 weeks since it's holiday time and this will require some time to poke around a few blogs.
Winners will be determined by the most correct answers, regardless of when they were submitted.
Can't find all the answers? No worries! Submit what you can answer. There are 4 prizes up for grabs.
In the event there is a tie for any of the prizes, the winner will be randomly selected.
Either by pulling names out of a hat or /rolls or something random.
Submit your answer via email, subject: Blog Scavenger Hunt.
Sideshow even put together a handydandy contest form you can use! Or, you may fill in the contact form for moi, Syrana, but his form is supa sweet.
Please do not answer in the comments… others will see your answers! Do post up any questions, comments, or concerns though.
After the cut will be the list o' questions, sending you out to find an array of answers. Get those fingers ready!
Blog Scavenger Hunt Questions
1. What two posts here at S&S share the same title?
2. What do the post titles written by Sideshow have in common?
3. What are the names of the podcast episodes Sideshow and Syrana were on this year?
3a. -Bonus- There was another podcast that Syrana guest hosted on (minus Sideshow), who were the two hosts that let Syrana corrupt their show?
4. Syrana participated in a multi-blog story project earlier this year. Who was the mastermind behind this and what did CYOA stand for?
5. Arrens wrote about meeting fellow bloggers and twitterers at Blizzcon, RP style. What was the setting for that post and where did he recognize the warlock and rogue tandem from?
6. What is Pike's favorite raid of all time?
7. What is the name of the post where Saresa gave us some of our very first link love?
8. How many times has S&S been linked on WoW.com (formerly WoW Insider) and what is/are the name(s) of the post(s)?
9. How many people are in The Doctor's choir?
10. What is the name of the first post Gnomer ever dedicated to Syrana?
11. What is the name of Syrana's column at Diabolical Minds?
12. What was the name of Byaghro's blog prior to the creation of Diabolical Minds?
13. What is the name of the post where patrons of the Pink Pigtail Inn met the new barkeep?
14. Which real life celebrity does Fulguralis's voidwalker sound like?
15. What is the name of The World's Worst Mage's cockroach sidekick? (He's always at her side throughout her WoW wanderings!)
16. What was the name of Tamarind's blog before he joined forces with Chas to create Righteous Orbs?
17. One of Tamarind's first post I read (which easily became one of my favorites) featured him getting caught at work with pictures of what?
18. Where can you go to participate in shared topics?
19. Which blogger on our blogroll uses class icon buttons to organize their blogroll?
20. Which blogger originally started the whole #iblamesyrana maddness on Twitter?
21. What is the name of the story Windpaw of Shock and Paw submitted for Blizzard's Creative Writing Contest?
22. What does Fulguralis's name mean?
23. What flavor of ice cream would tempt Fuubaar into stealing it from a human child?
24. How many blogs has Abigore (aka Abi) ran this year as he attempts to outwit the firewall boss and what are/were they called?
25. When Jong has enough money to hire all his sexy readers, what will our job duties be?
26. Which blogger works on expanding our vocabularies because she doesn't want us to be vacuous? (And what does that mean?)
27. What class and spec does Capwn play?
28. Who started the hunter – warlock class war?
29. Klepsacovic made a startling confession this year… who's comments has he deleted?
30. Capwn rolled his new toon on which server? And that's the main server for which blogger on the ‘roll?
31. What is the name of the goblin that Alynedarra killed?
32. What is PuG Rule #7410? And who wrote it?
33. Syrana had a hand in naming which blog on the ‘roll?
34. Which blogger was the catalyst that sparked Syrana's interest in blogging about WoW?
35. Which blog held a gourmet bacon contest this year? And what was the prize?
36. -Ultra Mega Bonus Question- What was the original name and url of the blog?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get family gaming tips, reviews and our latest content by email.