So, Syrana is making me do all of this work coming up with name inspiration and 10 things about myself. What is this, school? I jest. It's about time I post something on here, right?
What's in a Name?
Sideshow – I'm not 100% sure how I got this name. I usually ended up getting nicknames based around the letter “Z” due to my last name, like Z-Dog or Z. I like 'em, but they're kinda boring. For some reason, while playing an FPS with some friends, they started calling me Sideshow, so I starting using it in that game. When I created my first WoW character, I decided to use that name and designed him with that in mind. This is why Sideshow has crazy, circus-freak hair.
Zideshow – No inspiration there, really. Created originally to be a bank alt, but I had fun playing the mage, so it stuck. It also happens to be my Xbox Live gamertag since Sideshow was taken and Zideshow is a nice “Z”-based version of it. See what I did there?
Zod – Completely and shamelessly stolen from Superman II's own General Zod. I was really hoping to PvP a bunch in the beginning to unlock the “General” tag on the Horde side, but alas, I couldn't farm PvP like you needed to back then. Now, KNEEL BEFORE ME!
Gertbee – My dwarf hunter. I was looking for a not-so-serious, jolly kind of name. I remember finding the name that Christopher Walken's character in Joe Dirt chose to go by at the end of the movie hilarious, so it stuck. Turns out that it was really Gert B. Frobe, instead of Gertbee. But, mine is funnier.
The rest, I think, have been random name generator names or taken from books, history or fantasy to try to at least capture the feel of the type of character it was. Like: Luminthia (Priest), Gudrott (Orc DK), Heks (DK), and Archiluras (Warlock).
All About Meeee..
- Huge Metallica fan (and most metal, in general) They were the first band that I really attached to growing up and they will always be at the top of my list. As cool as it is to hate them for most people, I will always enjoy what they release and what they've done. I had the opportunity to meet James Hetfield, the singer and Jason Newsted, the ex-bassist in 1997.
- When I was in sixth grade I was playing basketball with my friend J.R. and slam dunking the ball off of a crate. I slammed it and hung on too long and fell off backwards and busted my left wrist out-of-place, it was shaped like an “S”. Then 4-weeks later on the second-last day of school at the roller-skating rink with my class and I fell backward and busted my right wrist. So, two broken arms for the summer.
- I really got into Genealogy when my Grandpa died in 1999. I thought I'd work on it before any more people who had the information were no longer around. My grandpa's family is still one the elusive lines that I'm stuck on. Figures, huh? It's really cool to unravel the mystery of where you came from and without the Internet I definitely wouldn't be as far as I am. I regularly blog about it on my genealogy site, Zalewski Family Genealogy.
- I can be really outgoing. It depends on my mood and where I am/who I'm with. But, usually I'm pretty quiet. People always think I'm mad or bored. But, I'm rarely mad (but maybe bored.) I found this t-shirt that says, “I'm really excited to be here” on it, which usually works pretty well.
- Born and raised in Wisconsin and against popular belief, I don't only consume cheese, brats, beer, and milk. Well, not all the time or all at once.
- Syrana and I originally met online, Yahoo Personals if I remember right. My grandma once asked if we met in the “Same Birthday” chatroom.
- I have a short attention span for a lot of things, including gaming. I'll jump around to different games. I've figured out how to jump around enough to not get really burned-out from a game, like WoW. Currently, jumping around to WoW, Eve Online, Guitar Hero: Metallica and Left 4 Dead.
- I bought and played WoW the first time without even trying it. My friends at work always talked about it. One day I just perused the website and decided to get it on my way home. The guy at the counter said, “Nice knowing you” when he gave it to me. What did he mean by that? Silly cashier.
- I've been developing and *cough*designing*cough* websites since somewhere around 1996-97. It started with my days using the BBSes and then the good ‘ol text-only Lynx browser. (Are we Lynx-friendly?) Now, get off my lawn!
- Ten is a composite number, its proper divisors being 1, 2 and 5. Ten is the smallest noncototient, a number that can not be expressed as the difference between any integer and the total number of coprimes below it. It's also how many fingers I have.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get family gaming tips, reviews and our latest content by email.