I've been trying to come up with a fun and different contest idea for a couple weeks. After my Say it Loud, Say it Proud: I Love WoW post, the comments on it, and other posts and comments around the blogosphere… it got me thinking… a lot of people hide the fact that they play. And others show the world subtle (and not so subtle) clues. So…
I have (unofficially) declared the week of July 5th through the 11th to be WoW Coming Out Week. Celebrate it anyway you want. There are no achievements or titles to be gained, only the satisfaction of not hiding your hobby! Feel free to leave comments here or post on your own blog about how you've chosen to celebrate this week.
“Hey, Syrana… someone said there was a contest or something?”
These babies are currently out of stock still. I have one, and think it's a great way to protect your account. As careful as we may be, there are still some nasty tricks out there that could lead to someone snaggin' your account name and password.
So, I want to give one away!
Rules and Other Technical Mumbo-Jumbo:
1. Have fun with your submissions, but please, no obscene or inappropriate materials. Those will be subject to disqualification. I want to be able to share the winning submission!
2. Valid email is required. You technically need an email address to leave a comment, but the submissions will be sent via email. Plus, I'll need to be able to contact you if you won. No worries, your information will not be shared or sold. But I will need to know where to send the authenticator!
3. At this time, I am not limiting entrants based on region. Far as I can tell, the only reason there are separate listings in the Blizzard store is regarding the shipping, not a difference in the actual product itself. (And my instructions were printed in several different languages.) If I should need to change this for any reason, I will make sure to update this post and announce it in a new post as well.
How to Submit:
1. Show me how you show the world that you are a proud WoW player.
Yes, it's really that simple! The photos don't necessarily need to include your face, so please don't worry about that. But I want to see those shirts, figurines, posters, books (out on the coffee table people!), etc. that identify you out “in the real world” as a bona fide Azerothian.
*Please note, the images must be yours. Sending images of shirts from the J!nx catalog, for example, will not qualify. Pictures of you wearing (or displaying in some form) a shirt from J!nx, on the other hand, would qualify.
2. One submission per entrant, please.
3. Please send submissions to Syrana [at] SideshowandSyrana [dot] com; Subject – WoW Pride
4. Cut off date/time will be Saturday, July 11th at 11:59pm CST. [Edit: Contest deadline has been extended until July 18th!]
5. The winner will be selected by Sideshow and myself and contacted via email. This will allow us to make sure the entrant has a valid email address before announcing them on the blog. In the event the selected winner cannot be reached (i.e. does not reply back) within a reasonable 72 hour period, a new winner will be selected.
If there are any questions or concerns regarding the rules and submissions, please leave a comment below or send me an email! Now, go out and show the world that you play!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get family gaming tips, reviews and our latest content by email.