What a day, huh? Two patches today! That's right, I said two: WoW and the U.S. Government had some updates for us today. With both patches come changes: some we'll like and some we won't. Overall, we can just hope for the best that things will get balanced out.
The Good, The Bad, and The Mustard
I'm not going to go into a real deep discussion about Patch 3.0.8. Plenty of others have covered this indepth and I don't want to rehash too much. I just wanted to comment on a few things.
- Tapping: As an Affliction Warlock, all I can really say is “YAY!” That's right, no more stealing my mobs after I DoT them up! (This had occurred again last night. So glad to be rid of this!)
- Ritual of Summoning: I'm glad I won't have to use a shard per summon, but really a “meh” change in my opinion.
- Bug fix of a wild mustard plant in Dalaran: I am SOOO glad this has been fixed. You don't know how much that mustard in the ground by that rock was driving me insane when doing that cooking daily.
- Alchemy Northrend Discovery cooldown reduced: Good I think, if I can ever get my herbalist alt to catch up. It sucks no longer having my old herb dealer.
- Fewer bolts of frostweave cloth required per bolt of imbued frostweave: Yay. Now let's get that cost per stack to drop a bit, shall we?
- Some neglected creatures in Icecrown have found the contents of their pockets: This one just made me giggle.
- 1 Click Mining: My priest will be thankful. Her arms are weak.
So that's really all I have to say about Patch 3.0.8.
But for you RockBand lovers out there – did you enjoy today's download content (DLC)? I was quite thrilled to finally see some Godsmack, and can only hope it means more to come!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get family gaming tips, reviews and our latest content by email.
<sarcasm>Oh, great, now they have mining on EZ-mode, too? Blizzard is making it so easy! I’m going to play [insert cool new game here]!</sarcasm>
I was surprised at the mining change, does make things quicker.
Interestingly and irrelevantly enough, druids can now use polearms…
So far so good…haven’t noticed any problems yet. On with the game! lol
I totally forgot about the mining change last night and must have said over vent 3 or 4 times “wtf I’m only getting one swing out of these damn things!” followed by a quiet “..oh.”
lol Admit it, you just miss the hardcore way of mining! 😉
I’ve just heard that the animation for moonfire has changed as well, will log onto my druid when I get home…
“1 Click Mining: My priest will be thankful. Her arms are weak.”
When I read that, I chuckled to myself…lol
That is all =P
Love the mining, currently relearning hunter shot rotation. So, I’m mostly iffy on the patch, but I think I’m tilting towards patch=great. Just gotta figure out new attacks.
And yay! Scrab-bot repairs!!! My engineering finally got a buff.
Fine, fine. I admit that I miss having Alliance players swoop down while I mine Thorium to try and steak a whack or two. Blizzard has taken away my favorite WoW feature.
WTF? Thorium.. remind me never to reply on 2 hours of sleep. Titanium***
Godsmack was AWESOME, although I thought the Lenny Kravitz pack was puzzling and not god as a whole. And why on earth did they release Peace Sells and no Sympathy of Destruction!?!?!
Yes, RockBand definitely needs more Megadeth. And more Godsmack. And some Korn. Guitar Hero: World Tour was able to get some “Freak On A Leash,” but I don’t like that games vocal bit too much.