This is going to be a bit different than last year's goal list.Â Last year I focused heavily on World of Warcraft goals with a smattering of Rock Band goals mixed in.Â This year, I've broken down my goals into a few different categories: WoW, Aion, Dragons Age, Sims 3, Blogging, and Assorted.Â And my, I look gamerbitious, don'tcha think?
World of Warcraft
- Achieve Loremaster of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms before the release of Cataclysm.
- Achieve the Loremaster title by the end of 2010.
- Reach max level on an Alliance character.
- Reach max fishing on Syrana.Â (I'm in the 260s now!)
- Acquire 100 mounts on Syrana in order to become the proud owner of a special dragonhawk flying mount. (I know some people don't like this mount or feel it is an adequate reward for all the collection… but I've wanted a dragonhawk flying mount since I first set foot in Eversong Woods.Â I don't care, I want it!)
- Re-evaluate before subscription runs out on 1/23/10.Â I finally went into my account yesterday to cancel it.Â The game is still beautiful and has some unique aspects, but I'm finding it difficult to fit into my gaming schedule, especially without Sideshow actively playing it.
This doesn't mean I want to take back any of the things I said about the game when I first started playing.Â Those still ring true.Â It's gorgeous and fun.Â It did steal my attention away for awhile (as do many games, but it's tough to hold my attention enough to rival that of my love for WoW.)Â However, I found it difficult to play solo.Â I'll go in and putz around before my sub is up and see if I still feel that way after not playing it for over a month.Â If I still feel that way, I won't resubscribe until Sideshow is ready to play it again with me.
Hey, at least my Aion subscription was helping me to earn points towards free WoW time (thank you WoW credit card!).Â Can't help it… that's my currency tab.
Dragon Age: Origins
- Play through the last 2 origin storys – the dwarf noble and dwarf commoner.
- At least one other complete play through, or reloading some save games to try out different choices (which would mostly be near the very end).
- Get to the 10th generation of “my” family.Â It'll be interesting to see how wacky and diluted the gene pool gets…
- Play around with World Adventures expansion and any additional expansions that are released in 2010.
- Keep S&S going steady with multiple posts throughout the week.
- Resume “normal” posting shortly as the holiday craziness calms down.
- Resume bi-monthly posting of my column at Diabolical Minds (Syrana does have an email to answer yet!).Â With the holidays, I had reduced to once a month for November and December, but intend to return to twice a month.
- Propose a Blog Azeroth Shared Topic.
- Write a guest post for 2 other blogs (topic and blogs yet to be determined, of course, just something I'd like to do since I had fun with the Kris Kringle/Secret Santa post exchange!).
- More Allods Online beta testing since I've only played a little over an hour in it so far and now they are onto the 3rd round of closed beta testing.
- Look forward to the release of Heavy Rain.
- Look forward to the release of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Check out Torchlight (finally).
- Try out some *gasp* FPS (first person shooter) games.Â I'm generally not much of an FPS kinda girl, but I'm not opposed to stepping outside my gaming comfort zone once in awhile.Â Never know, I might like it.Â Although, I'm thinking I'd prefer PC shooters over console shooters.
- Check out information about voice acting.Â I'm interested in dabbling a bit in this, or at the very least, learning more about it.
- Improve upon my hosting abilities for Polygamerous.Â I'm used to the guest role, but this will be new and a bit different.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get family gaming tips, reviews and our latest content by email.